Carefully follow your hot work procedure while considering the following precautions
Carefully follow your hot work procedure while considering the following precautions:
• Make sure all equipment are is in good working condition before beginning work
• Make sure all appropriate personal protective devices are available at the site and each worker has been trained on how to use, clean, and store them properly
• Inspect the work area thoroughly before starting. Look for combustible materials in the partitions, walls and ceilings.
• Move all flammable and combustible materials away from the work area
• If combustibles cannot be moved, cover them with fire resistant blankets or shields. Protect gas lines and equipment from falling sparks, hot materials, and objects